Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer reading update

6. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald-I read this book my junior year of high school in my favorite class: Contemporary World Literature. I really enjoyed reading it in that class because my teacher did a great job of guiding us through it. When I read it by myself now I find it kinda confusing. The sense of time is very fluid within most of the book, the timeline is somewhat vague and it goes back and forth without really letting the reader know when it is happening. The narration by Nick is good, but he misses a lot of things so the reader is left to figure out things on their own. The Great Gatsby is a unique look into the 1920's and a classic book for sure, just a little too much for me. * out of *****

1 comment:

  1. John Green is leading nerdfighteria through The Great Gatsby. This is going to be good. The first video, over chapter one, is on the vlogbrothers youtube channel for July 18th, 2011.

    ReplyDelete