Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quick and easy egg hot dish

It's a "hot dish" because I'm in Minnesota, for those of you outside of MN, it's a "casserole."

This is kind of a "choose your own adventure" recipe, use what you like and what you have in your fridge and pantry.

1 box of stuffing mix (anything but cornbread, I like low sodium chicken flavor)
6 eggs
2 cups of liquid (water, chicken broth, or milk)
1 small onion chopped ( I like to chop a bag of onions and freeze them so I have them handy.)
2 cups meat/veggies (Tonight I used 2 cups of frozen french cut green beans. My favorite combo is; 1/2 crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup red pepper, 1 cup spinach)
1 cup shredded cheese, separated

Mix all ingredients, excluding 1/2 cup of cheese. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake on 375 F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese on top and bake 10 more minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment