Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh Pinterest

I really love pinterest.  People share their ideas on parenting, teaching, decorating, cooking, and getting in shape.  There are so many encouraging quotes and beautiful pictures.  I can swear I'll only spend 5 minutes on the site and then get lost in pinterest only to surface an hour later. Uff da.

There are currently a million and one pins about pull-apart bread.  I have not actually clicked through to any links to see the recipes, but I thought the pictures looked cool, so I created my own pull-apart caramel bread.

I made a simple whole wheat bread dough, let it proof once, punched it down, and rolled it out.  Then cut it into rectangles, dipped them in cinnamon sugar, and placed them in a greased pan (that I had already poured melted butter and brownsugar into), let them proof again and baked until golden brown.


Then I flipped them out and we pulled the bread apart, one layer at a time, and enoyed it immensely.  YUM. 


There are so many fun crafts on pinterest, it's almost impossible to walk away uninspired.  None of my projects here are directly based on one single project on pinterest, I've taken ideas from different crafts and made them my own.  If you're ever in a crafting rut, or need help to solve a problem: pinterest is there.  Have I mentioned how much I love pinterest?!?


For this one I cut out magazine pictures to make a flower and used a flour/water paste to adhere them to the canvas.  The flour doesn't dry clear, so the colors are muted and it leaves texture on the canvas.  I cut out a circle of newspaper and covered the flower then sprayed the canvas lightly with blue spray paint.


For this one I used tape to leave some areas of the canvas white and then painted with acrylics.  I removed the tape, let it dry then wrote on it with sharpie.


The base coat on this canvas is blue, silver, and white paint partially mixed on the canvas.  I let that dry and cut flowers out of cardstock and then taped them to the painted canvas.  Lastly I sprayed it with blue spray paint, removed the cardstock and let it dry.

I think I'll hang these 3 paintings with the melted crayon on canvas in my apartment this fall, that is if my roommates like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment