Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pecan Pie Brownies

This weekend we had some family friends over and I had a lot of fun planning the menu. 

I marinated pork chops with orange juice and some mesquite seasoning, chicken in a soy sauce and garlic marinade, mashed sweet potatoes with french onion sour cream dip, and made pesto swirl rolls  (the website is in Turkish, so I just took inspiration from the photos).  But the highlight of the evening was Pecan Pie Brownies.


How can you go wrong with pecan pie on top of brownies?  You can't.  Rich chocolate brownies topped with crunchy caramel coated pecans was the perfect ending to a fun filled evening with great friends.

The recipe comes from Dinners with Julie and I made relatively no changes, so I won't copy the recipe here. Instead of baking them in square pans, I did mine in a 9" pie plate.  2 cups of pecans seemed excessive, so I only used 1. 

Pecan pie brownies is a genius recipe and I will definitely be making them again, even without the pecan pie part the base is a simple and superb chocolate brownie recipe I'll keep close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment