Friday, October 7, 2011

Green Curry Peanut Sauce

Last week one of my roommates and I made a peanut sauce.  It wasn't super amazing because we made it on a whim and didn't really have all the ingredients to make it fabulous.  I went to the grocery store today with the intention of getting the right ingredients so I could make one legit peanut sauce.

I bought Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste, it  has the perfect balance of lemongrass and ginger.  I used chicken bullion powder because it adds a depth of flavor and salt without adding more liquid to the sauce

1, 14 oz. can coconut milk
1 Tablespoon green curry paste 
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder

Combine ingredients in a 1 quart sauce pan over medium heat.  Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have softened and sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.

I poured this sauce over spaghetti and sauteed peas, shredded carrots, the other half of the red onion, and a green pepper.  It was insanely good, my roommates gave it two thumbs up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment