Friday, October 14, 2011

Cake Mix Rice Crispies

One of my friends posted this recipe on facebook: http://gimmesomeoven.com/cake-batter-rice-crispy-treats/ , I've just adapted it slightly.

When I saw this recipe I was immediately exited to make it.  I love rice crispy bars, especially Rice Krispies Treats, you know, the ones that come in the blue shiny wrapper.  I've never been able to make rice crispy bars like Kellogg does until I made these.

1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup butter yellow cake mix
10 oz. regular marshmallows
6 cups rice crispies
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large microwaveable bowl add the butter, microwave on high for 45 seconds or until the butter is melted.  Stir in cake mix til no lumps remain.  Add the marshmallows, return to the microwave for 90 seconds or until all the marshmallows are puffed.  Add the rice crispies and vanilla.  Stir until all the rice crispies are coated and pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Press flat with a spatula, let cool, cut into 12 squares and serve.

I've already made this recipe 3 times, once as written above, another time I used pumpkin spice marshmallows and added 1/4 teaspoon almond extract.  Today I made them with chocolate marshmallows and added 1/3 cup nutella to the butter in the beginning of the recipe.

All these variations have turned out well.  This is a seriously AMAZING recipe and it is very versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment