Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall Pumpkin Cake


My 21st birthday was a few weeks ago and my parents and grandparents gave me money towards a digital camera, so I pooled that with some of my hard earned money and  headed to Best Buy to purchase a camera of my own.  Upon entering the store two sales people attached themselves to me and told me more than I could ever want to know about cameras.  I eventually picke one, a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot.  It is a wonderful. 

I'm excited to have a camera because now I can show you more of my cooking adventures.

This is my kitchen.  It is small but fierce.  I could do without the oversensitve smoke alarm, but other than that this kitchen ROCKS.


All the ingredients needed for Fall Pumpkin Cake: Flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin, roasted salted almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, butter, eggs, cranberries, and butterscotch chips.

This is Esmeralda, my Kitchen Aid mixer.  Isn't she a beauty?



Now that's an action shot!!  Add melted butter, sugar, pumkin, eggs, and vanilla to the mixer.

In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.



Add the flour to the mixer until combined.  Then fold in craberries, half the almonds, and butterscotch chips.


Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan...or a 8 inch sqaure and an 8 inch cake pan if your kitchen lacks a 9x13 inch pan. 


It isn't required to store the other half of the almonds in a princess bowl, but it is preferred.


Sprinkle the almonds on top.


Place those beauties in the oven and let the magic happen.


Bake until lightly browned on the edges.


Devour.


Fall Pumpkin Cake
½ cup butter, melted
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1, 15 oz. can pumpkin
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup butterscotch chips
½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
2/3 cup chopped roasted salted almonds, divided


Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl add butter, sugar, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla.  Using a stand mixer or hand mixer beat on medium until combined.  In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon; add to the pumpkin mixture,  mixing on low until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper as needed.  Fold in butterscotch chips, cranberries, and 1/3 cup of almonds.  Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan, spreading until even.  Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup almonds on evenly on top of the cake and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the cake springs back when pressed lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment