Monday, August 8, 2011

Home for the weekend



Today I started my last week at General Mills. It is going to be a bittersweet goodbye for sure. I decided to go home for the weekend last Thursday because the Riverside Quilt Auction. I had 4 quilts and 3 pillowcases in the auction and I couldn't miss such a wonderful celebration of ministry of a camp I have long loved.


These are the 3 pillowcases I donated to the auction. I made them using the method described a few posts back. They each sold in the silent auction for $10.




This quilt is covered in animal and nature prints. It is lap sized, backed in flannel with moose on it. It was machine quilted by Denise Froehlich. This quilt sold at the live auction for $100.


This quilt has fruits and vegetable patterned fabric in it. I used a pattern called Snapshots by Terry Atkinson. My mom made my graduation quilt using this pattern, it was pretty easy, especially because it uses only fat quarters. It is quited by Denise Froehlich. It sold for $100. I heard from the family who bought it and their young daughter loves pointing to the fruit and veggies and naming them. :)







When I made this quilt top I tried to follow a pattern, and didn't read it very closely. I ended up with 2x the blocks I needed, so I have another quilt exactly like this one. It was machine quilted by Denise Froehlich. At the auction this one sold for $175. Also pictured is the Grinde family cat: Becky.




This is one is smaller, but some how it made it into the live auction. Usually small quilts go into the silent auction that happens before the live auction. I made this one with scraps and it was machine quilted by Jean Kirkpatrick, who donated her quilting. This quilt sold for $100.






The auction went really well and we raised over $45,000 for Riverside. Woo-hoo!! Many Riverside alumni come back for the auction and it is always good to see them. It is fun to meet other quilters and talk about fabrics and patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment