Sunday, May 16, 2010

Best laid plans...



Yesterday a gal from one of my college Bible studies got married. Her wedding was in Cedar Rapids. The other girls in my study decided to caravan to the wedding. We made it to Dike before disaster struck. My beautiful, wonderful, and awesome 1994 Camry wagon, Yuri, broke down. We were getting on an exit ramp when all the lights on my car's dashboard lit up and I could barely pull off to the side of the road. I called my dad and he figured it out from there. It's sitting at a repair shop in Dike, tomorrow we'll find out what went wrong. I got in my Bible study leader's car and we kept going. We even made it to the wedding on time. My car breaking down was not cool, but I realize that it could have been a ton worse. Everything's going to be okay.

The wedding was really amazing. The decorations were perfect and it was wonderful to see the bride and groom basking in happiness. I just don't like how much waiting there is at weddings. We had to wait to be seated at the church, wait to send bridal party off, wait for the couple to appear at the reception, wait to eat, wait for the cake, wait, wait, wait. I have relatively no patience, as you might be able to tell.

At the end of the day it was all worth it. The cheesy potatoes were really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment