Friday, May 21, 2010

Another one bites the dust

Yuri is dead with no hopes of a resurrection. A few months ago my dad had the oil changed in my car. In the next couple of days the oil light came on. We just assumed that everything was fine, my car was just getting old (16 years) so I kept driving it. Well it turns out that the oil light came on because part of the engine wasn't getting oil. I drove it no problem for almost 4 months before it just couldn't take it anymore and broke down last week in Dike. It would be super expensive to fix, so we are not going to try.

Serendipitously my parents just bought a new, well used but new to us, Toyota Highlander, so we have an extra vehicle. They were going to sell our mini van, but because I do not have a car they are going to let me drive it. My parents are so generous, I am blessed by them everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment