Friday, January 14, 2011

This semester I actually get to take some classes that have to do with food!! One of them, The Scientific Study of Food, is awesome. There is 3 hours of lecture and 6 hours of lab. The lab is a kitchen! So far the only cooking we've done is to boil vegetables to observe the properties of fat and water soluble pigments. Eventually we will get to cook and bake interesting things.

My other somewhat interesting class is an advanced human nutrition class. It focuses a lot on metabolism of food and partners really well with Biochemistry, which I'm also taking. Then there's speech, which is required by almost every major at ISU, Tuesday's lecture was about nervousness and how to work through it. I didn't realize how much public speaking scares some people. According to my professor most people are more afraid of public speaking than cancer and death.

No comments:

Post a Comment