Saturday, August 31, 2013

Today's baking adventure

I saw this recipe for Spiral Apple Bread with Caramel Apple Glaze on Pinterest this morning and knew I had to make it.  I pretty much just followed the recipe only substituting a little whole wheat flour for some of the all purpose flour, adding lemon zest, and some peaches to what was already written--so I won't write the recipe down here.

It is basically a simple bread dough rolled out, cut into strips and wound around slices of apples (and peaches, in my case) and baked.  The recipe calls for a cinnamon sugar topping to sprinkle on the bread after it is baked, I omitted it, and found the glaze added enough sweetness. This dessert is so beautiful, I wish I had guests over to serve it to.

Go check out Michael at Inspired by Charm for awesome recipes, cool DIY projects, and entertaining ideas.  This is my new favorite blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment