Saturday, May 26, 2012

Peachy Pork Chops

This summer I am living at home, commuting to ISU for the first part of the summer for my internship and working at Riverside for the rest of the summer.  It is really good to be at home.  I adore my family and getting to spend time with friends from Story City.  

I also love gettting to cook for my family.  Last week I had a lot of stuff going on in the evenings preventing me from cooking supper.  So I'm making good use of the slow-cooker and have made some really yummy meals from it this week.

After low and slow cooking for 9 hours these pork chops are tender and the peach onion sauce is really great over rice.  Your house will smell fabulous too, which is always nice.

Peachy Pork Chops

1/3 cup peach preserves
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 packet french onion soup mix
1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peaches
1 large onion, sliced
4 pork chops

Whisk together preserves, vinegar, water, and soup mix.  Layer peaches, onions, and chops in a greased 4 or 6 quart slow cooker.  Pour sauce over the top.  Cook on high for 3 hours, then low for 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment